Candida Symptoms by Stages
Published: 16th November 2006
Candida is a very dangerous bacterium that can cause various symptoms. Those symptoms appear in a specific order. So if we want to discover the illness we must know the symptoms that it causes and the order in witch they appear.
If no medical treatment is applied, Candida can have five stages of illness:
- In the first stage all mucous membrane areas of the body are infected: the mouth, vagina, nose, and even the respiratory system. So, by these infections, a lot of secondary symptoms fallow: by infecting vagina it results severe P.M.S., vaginal infections and body rashes. By infecting oral mucosa, acne, and oral thrush appears. Besides these, a lot of allergies can appear caused by a lot of products beginning with foods and dust, molds, fungus, yeast, inhalants, and chemicals. These allergies are manifesting in various modes: sinusitis, tonsillitis, and strep or staph infections, and even repeated bouts of bronchitis. Mononucleosis and pneumonia may also be noted. By treating these illnesses we create a vicious circle because the medical treatment costs in antibiotics. But this drug destroys the good flora in our body permitting Candida to grow and expend.
- The second stage of the illness is represented by general symptoms such as pain, infections of the nails, muscle aches, joint pains, headaches, extreme fatigue, but also some systemic symptoms like psoriasis or arthritis. This faze is a dangerous one because the temptation is to cure the pain by taking painkillers instead of curing the cause of the pain. In many situations the pain is cured but this does not mean that the illness is gone.
- In the third faze of the illness symptoms are more complex and are involving especially the neural system. Now the patient can accuse inability to concentrate, not being able to read or follow a television program or carry on a hobby. Also bigger problems can appear such as serious forgetfulness, memory loss, mental confusion, not being able to think of the words to say something, loss of previous skills (such as how-to-type or how-to-play-the-piano, etc.). These serious problems can are very scary to the patient who knows that something is wrong with his mind. From this stage to severe depression is only one step. Other psychical problems can be: sleep disorders (such as insomnia, confusion dreams, nightmares, apnea), irrational thoughts, unusual fears, phobias, panic/anxiety attacks, muscle twitching, irritability, violence, aggressive behavior, and even epileptic seizures and thoughts of death or suicide. The important issue at this point is how to treat these patients. Everybody is tempted to label them "Mentally ill" and to administrate them with drugs that cure their mental problems: manic-depressive Psychosis or Schizophrenia. This means that these patients are being turned over to the care of a psychiatrist or hospitalized in a mental institution. This way, by administrating drugs like antidepressants, tranquilizers, lithium, etc., only the mental problems will be lightened but not the CAUSE!
- The last two stages of this illness are the most complicated. The forth one is represented by virtual shutdown of various organ systems of the body. Every organ system is vulnerable and can fall. Digestive System may stop, producing vomiting or severe constipation; endocrine system can shut down causing adrenal glands to stop functioning. The muscular system can be affected by total muscle weakness and for example the neck muscle is no longer able to hold up the had. The body rashes may escalate into hives or boils. The enormous quantity of yeast produced by CANDIDA can cause clogged capillaries and of course high blood pressure, numbness of extremities and easy bruising. Fever can also appear but the hands and feet will often be very cold. Also cardiac and respiratory problems will appear: tachycardia (palpitations, irregular beats, mitral valve problems or heart murmur) can develop. The large quantity of yeast will also go to the lungs in to the alveoli (air sacs). This will leave the patient without air so that the person cannot get adequate breath for speaking, singing, or exercise. This will surly cause hyperventilation and panic attacks. But the most dangerous system to fall is the immune system. By failing this system, the body is unprotected against all enemy bacteria, viruses, and disease conditions-including cancer.
- The fifth stage of Candida is the last one and is equivalent with death. That is why Candida must be diagnosed early enough to kill the yeast overgrowth and regenerate the Immune System.
If you want to know more about Candida just visit this site. Find out more about Candida Albicans in our candida center.